Professional Service - Every Time
- Upon first meeting, our friendly and knowledgeable office staff we will take down your personal and vehicle particulars and your preferred methods of contact. If applicable, we will also note your insurance company and claim number.
- With the paper work efficiently processed, a full assessment of your vehicle can then be carried out. As part of this process, we take images of your vehicle and these are attached to your assessment with all areas of concern carefully noted.
- The next step is to estimate the cost of repairs and discuss these options with you. On your approval, we will upload images and forward assessment results to your insurance company for swifter approvals and processing of your claim.
- If the cost of repairs is close to the cost of your excess we will contact you to discuss the option of completing the work without the need to make a claim and affect your policy premium and standing.
- When work commencement authority has been received either through your insurer or yourself, all required parts are ordered. Once all parts have arrived in the workshop you will be contacted to bring your vehicle in for the repairs to be carried out.
- While your vehicle is being repaired a loan car can be arranged with prior notice and for a nominal fee. Please discuss this with office staff at initial meeting. If a local drop off and pick up service is required we can also assist with prior notice.
Note: If during the course of your repair, additional damage or rust is uncovered that was not visible during the initial assessment, we will stop work and contact you immediately to seek your instructions with regards to options to rectify the problem area. Under no circumstances will we turn a blind eye to this and just put your car back together or order additional parts without your approval. All work carried out by Damage Smash Repairs is covered by warranty.
Environment, Safety & Community
Taking care of the environment is everyones responsibility and protecting the environment is part of our business systems.
All toxic wastes including thinners, solvents and painting wastes are stored and disposed of as per government legislation and industry best practices. Cardboard packaging, plastic car components and all other recyclable are collected and transported to the appropriate recycling depots and scrap metal is taken to the metal recyclers.
Safety Best Practice
Another key goal at Damage Smash Repairs is Workplace Health & Safety (WHS). All employee’s are highly trained and qualified to use the materials and carry out the work related to the position they hold. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is vital for WHS in the smash repair industry and all staff are supplied with task appropriate PPE.
Customer safety is also of utmost importance. With this in mind, we provide a separate lounge environment away from the workshop for customers to interact safely with staff to discuss their repairs . In addition to our comfortable lounge facilities, we also have a well lit, undercover quoting area to protect you from the elements while we cary out an initial assessment on your vehicle.
For safety and comfort, we ask site visitors to our premises to please adhere to all WHS signage and report directly to the office on arrival.
In the highly unlikely event something does go wrong, Damage Smash Repairs holds Public Liability Insurance to cover our guests and all vehicles are completely covered by our own insurance while on our premises and in our possession.
Damage Smash Repairs work closely with several other local businesses including automotive mechanics, tyre specialists, suspension and exhausts. We are always happy to refer customers onto these reliable and trustworthy tradesman and service providers on request.
As passionate automotive repairers Damage Smash Repairs are always interested in hearing from community groups who share similar passions.
Damage Smash Repairs are open:
Monday to Thursday
7.30am to 4.30pm
7.30 to 3.00pm
Saturday via appointment.
Unit 3-4, 6 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Phone: (02) 6581 3777 | Fax: (02) 6581 3796